Pontes’ history with carnauba started in the 19th century when the family “Pontes” produced crude carnauba wax. In 1956, Pontes Industria became an internationally recognised business.
We place equal weight on tradition, and the adoption of new technologies and innovative processes. This combination ensures our ability to provide customers with premium quality products and services, while supporting economic development in our local regions.
OUR REGION AND CENTRES
Pontes manufactures at three advanced production sites. These are located in Brazil’s two most important Carnauba wax production regions: Ceará and Piauí.
These strategic locations guarantee the company access to the highest quality, purest raw material.
THE PONTES PHILOSOPHY
Pontes Indústria believes in sustainable carnauba wax production and the possibility of encouraging transformation and economic development for the Carnauba wax community.
Every decision is taken with respect for the Carnauba tree, the symbol of the States of Ceará and Piauí, which is also known as the ‘tree of life’ because of its ‘generosity’ to all around it.
Our ethical conviction and social-environmental responsibility are complemented by a resolutely commercial commitment to excellence and to modern commercial and industrial best practices.
It is this combination that enables us to take the culture and industry of our region proudly to the world market through premium quality, high value industrial products.
Our Starlight and Prime trademark brands are commercialized on all five continents.
THE GOALS WE WORK TOWARDS AT PONTES
– To be the market leader in the industrialization and commercialization of Carnauba wax, and to have our brands recognized as hallmarks of quality and performance;
– To be a pioneer in taking actions that bring satisfaction to all those who are involved with our company, building lasting partnerships that spread values, enhance reputations and bring lasting benefits to all involved;
– To achieve sustainable results enabling us to maintain investment and innovation, working in harmony with the environment and with the local community;
– To promote continuous improvement in quality management systems in all processes, involving our employees and suppliers in this at all times.
– To ensure a unique, traceable and responsible supply chain all the way to our client’s door.