Pontes is the first Carnauba Wax Manufacturer to
receive Certification from UEBT that assures its local Sourcing of Carnauba wax complies with the UEBT Ethical BioTrade Standard.
The UEBT label for “SOURCING WITH RESPECT” is awarded to companies whose sourcing systems have met strict standards for respecting people and biodiversity. By working with UEBT, Pontes is continuously improving its ethical sourcing of Carnauba.
The UEBT label is issued by the Union for Ethical BioTrade, a non-profit association that promotes the “SOURCING WITH RESPECT” of ingredients that come from biodiversity.
Pontes’ commitments to the Carnauba wax community and the preservation of its biodiversity
• Pontes not only supports local projects towards the sustainability of local community of the Brazilian semi-arid region and the preservation of its biome, but also has its own social programme – Pontes para o Crescimento – focused on the sustainable development of the region, and its biodiversity.
• Pontes undertakes initiatives to empower those who work in the extraction fields, encouraging better working practices, health and safety, and opening up educational opportunities.
• We share a commitment to the improvement of economic and social conditions in the local communities, which contribute to the Carnauba economy.
• We respect and care for the ways, values and traditions of our local carnauba wax community.
• Pontes ensures a unique, traceable and responsible supply chain all the way to our client’s door.
• We remain at the vanguard of regulation and international standards. Pontes is the only carnauba wax manufacturer to hold 13 certifications.