We are committed to respecting, protecting and promoting human rights. These principles are fundamental to ensure business longevity and its alignment with social sustainability.
– We do not accept behaviour that involves any kind of harassment, including sexual abuse, corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion, or verbal abuse ; nor is there to be the any threat of such treatment. Pontes promotes a work environment in which all employees are treated fairly, based on the principles of respect and human dignity.
– Pontes does not engage in any form of discrimination based on race, colour, age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, health issues, pregnancy, religion, political affiliation, union membership, social origin or any other category protected by law. Everyone should be treated based on the principles of equal opportunity.
– Pontes does not participate in, support, condone or benefit, in any way, from forced or child labour.
– We sustain an “open door” policy throughout the company, which allows employees to communicate confidentially and straightforwardly with all management levels.
– We respect Labour regulations: compensation paid to employees is compliant with all applicable labour rules, respecting minimum wages, overtime hours and granting all mandatory benefits.
Ethics & Transparency
We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of integrity and transparency, in order to instil excellence into our day-to-day operations, and promoting trustiness in all business relationships. We conduct our business in an open, honest and ethical manner.
– We communicate our Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development Policy, as well as our Social Report, to our employees and other significant stakeholders.
– Pontes ensures that we deal responsibly, transparently and fairly with our customers, prospects and leads.
– We ensure the confidentiality of documents and information of everyone we do business with, including suppliers, customers, and employees.
– We do not accept any kind of fraud, bribery, or other corrupt business behaviour.
– We ensure and guarantee the traceability of our raw material from plantation to final product.
Health & Safety
We provide and maintain a healthy and safe working environment. We act preventively and disseminate information to employees about safe practices, therefore mitigating the occurrences of nonconformities, incidents at work and/or occupational diseases, as well as making promotion of life and continuous improvement permanently compatible.
– Active operation of the Internal Commission for Accident Prevention (CIPA)
– We meet the Occupational Health & Safety legal requirements and others voluntarily accepted.
– We identify, evaluate and act upon the risks and hazards inherent to our activities, aiming at their elimination or mitigation, thus enabling preventive action.
– We raise employees’ awareness of health care and physical integrity.
– Promotion of Worker’s Health & Safety
– PPE & CPE management
– Absenteeism management
– Turnover control
– We provide an Emergency Response Plan.
– We perform maintenance and preventive calibration of machinery and equipment used in the company.
Environment & Sustainability
We protect the environment by striving to prevent and minimize our contribution to pollution of land, air, and water. In addition, we promote environmental sustainability and ecological balance throughout the carnauba wax production chain, through sustainable initiatives and awareness programs.
– We comply with environmental regulations.
– We manage and dispose of all the waste in a responsible manner.
– We carry out monitoring of gas emissions.
– We ensure that all employees have relevant information and awareness about sustainable development and lifestyles in harmony with nature.
– We guide producers and rural workers on good production practices and safety at work.
– We share knowledge that has replicability potential with producers and rural workers.
– Participatory mapping of carnauba areas
– Social mapping within the carnauba wax extraction.
– We support social projects aligned with our goals and values.
– We promote savings in water and energy consumption.
We promote the conservation of Caatinga biodiversity, thus, contributing to the sustainable development of society and the planet, through reforestation, carbon sequestration, combating climate changes and awareness programmes.
– Promotion of the forest regeneration of Caatinga
– Maintenance of Caatinga genetic biodiversity
– Reforestation on degraded areas with native species from the Caatinga biome
– Promotion of activities that help mitigate the effects of climate change and foster carbon sequestration
– We strive to raise awareness of biodiversity.
– We create awareness of the issues impacting the Caatinga Biome.
– We promote environmental education.
– We generate solutions to environmental problems.